Wednesday, January 17, 2007

John Dehlin Does A Great Video Interview With Anne B. Wilde, A Mormon Fundamentalist And Practicing Polygamist-Parts 1-5




Direct link to Part 1



Direct link to Part 2



Direct link to part 3



Direct link to part 4



Direct link to part 5

(See if you guys, in this part 5, can keep straight and keep track of who is who and of all the different Gods and Godheads? LOL!! I admire John for hanging with her, as she rattled off this God and that God and who is our God and where he lived, where he went, what kind of body he had, that he didn't know he was God, etc.

I have to listen to it again to see if I can understand more clearly what she's talking about, as I must be tired.{I just took an Advil} I wonder how she would explain the very first God? Was he just always God or was he just a man too and somehow became a God on his own? I think Cognitive dissonance may be the only way to fully understand her.)

======================

As soon as part 5 is out, I will post it here on this thread. This interview is really awesome guys!! It's so refreshing to actually hear a true believing Mormon "HONESTLY" speak about the Mormon church's "true history" and that is exactly what Anne B. Wilde(and John Dehlin) does in this interview(Hinckley could take a lesson). She isn't trying to make excuses for it, or claim that it never happened or that they "were just men", etc, rather just saying it like it is and was.

All TBMS everywhere could learn a lot from Anne and I certainly hope they do!! I mean come on guys, those of you that call me and all ex-Mormons liars, frauds and so on; is Anne just making it all up too? Is she a fraud? Is she a liar? Of course she isn't lying, as she is a real "True Believing Mormon" that follows the "true doctrines and teachings of Joseph Smith, unlike the church today, that won't even talk about such things and calls those of us who do, anti-Mormons, disease germs(Packer), liars or in Anne's case; "a fundamentalist", who has never had anything whatsoever to do with the Mormon church, and who is excommunicated for her beliefs(that Joseph Smith taught of course).

I of course don't agree with her beliefs and I personally find polygamy to be disgusting, as most of you know, but I certainly admire her courage on talking about it openly and not acting like the Mormon apologists(like Daniel C. Peterson or Jeff Lindsay) of today that try to justify, rationalize and explain away all of it, like it never happened, all the journals are fabricated by antis, etc.

Thanks John for doing this interview and I still don't understand(and never will) how you are able to "put it all on the shelf", as if it doesn't matter or affect the church today or your testimony, but to each their own and I'm just glad that you're back, doing what you do, exposing the "real truth" of Mormonism's history and teachings.

For any TBMS or ex-Mormons out there reading this, that don't already know; John Dehlin is an active Mormon and a "true believer" that isn't afraid to openly discuss every skeleton in the Mormon Hierarchy's closet(vault) and you can visit him and leave comments at his website
Mormon Stories.

I also look forward to your comments here in Mormon Truth, especially you TBS, that claim Joseph Smith wasn't even a polygamist or that "polygamy was for widows" and us anti-Mormons are just lying about it. How many people have to be lying, in order for the Mormon church to be true?

Take care everyone and enjoy the interviews!!

Samuel the Utahnite

8 comments:

Demon of Kolob said...

I have just a couple of comments to add to your post. Mormon racism is not just against blacks. The scandal against Seventy George P Lee convenient come to light after Lee publicly
criticized Mormon treatment of Laminaties (Native Americans). I wonder if the Morg leadership knew about the scandal all a long and just brought to light after Lee's criticism.
Mormon still segregate in Utah , Hispanics and pacific islanders are send to separate wards. I had a Hispanic TBM neighbor with a PhD who spoke perfect English he was still send to the Spanish ward.

Demon of Kolob said...

opps this was a comments on the previos post

Anonymous said...

Anne appears to be very open and honest about her view of polygamy.

I personally find it repulsive.

I also cannot understand how John Dehlin can know the truth about the big lie of the lds church and stay in it. I like his podcasts, but when I think about him personally, I am repulsed by the way he deals with mormonism.

Thanks for posting this. I sure look forward to your podcasts. I miss them greatly.

mormonstories said...

Thanks for the reference, Samuel.

One major clarification. I'm FAR from a TBM.

If you read this, and listen to my own story on my podcast, I'm not sure how you could interpret that.

Just wanted to clear the air.

Thanks again for the support, Samuel!

Elder Joseph said...

I think John Dehlin is very brave and honest in his views of LDS .I've no doubt he's thinking of the positives in the LDS teachings and looks forward perhaps to a more open church ( where its leaders are concerned at least). I enjoy his podcasts . I've been investigating the church for just over a year and thanks to people like John Dehlin and SamuelTheUtahnite I have a more balanced perspective of events of the origin of the LDS church . If I'd have just listened to the spin version of the missionaries and the church then later when I found things out , it would have made me quiet angry . The church has a history it would rather people didn't know the full extent of.( including its own members).. I'm sure there would be an exodus if many knew the full history .I think there are many members unaware of many things and would leave if they knew about them , its not fair to keep people in the dark. Honesty is of God afterall ...........Elder Joseph

ray said...

Hi Chris,

That was an excellent comment. I have noticed a general trend... Most people who leave Mormonism also leave Christianity. Those who leave Christianity often become Buddhists. Of course, there are exceptions but from what I have seen, this is the most common.

I have found myself drawn to Buddhism myself. Although I have not made any formal study of the religion, what I do know of it, I appreciate.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt if the church will ever come clean about their history. If they do, it completely undermines their claim as infallable prophets. Ironically, not coming clean also undermines them. At least if they keep their history secret, it undermines them to a small degree and to a smaller percentage of their members.

I hope you'll stick around and comment often Chris.

Donald Schweitzer said...

Hi everybody.
Sorry for crossposting, but this might be interesting to you as well.

I posted a comment over on Eric Hoffman's blog.
In his blog entry, he complained that Deseret Books, which recently bought its opponents, is all about the money.
While I would agree on this topic, I complained in my comment that his own church, Calvary Chapel, has similar financial obscurities, and he shouldn't complain about the Mormon Church, when his own church does not act one iota differently. However, my comment "magically" disappeared.

To ensure this won't happen again, I will post a "security copy" here. And it might also be of interest to you what other "sects" are doing. So here is my letter to Mr. Hoffman:

Dear Mr. Eric Hoffman,
As my previous post somehow vanished from your blog, I have to repost it.

When I read your blog entry concerning deseret books being all about the money, I had quite a laugh.

Of course, mixing church affairs with financial affairs is a bad thing to do. However, what made me laugh is that you, Mr. Hoffman, on the one hand condemn financial affairs within the LDS church, while on the other hand, your own church, namely Calvary Chapel, has the very same problems.

Just to share one example for this:
Calvary Chapel is also into big money, especially with its ownership of several radio stations. These are subsumed under the name Calvary Satellite Networks.

In the year 2000, Calvary took over control over KLYT, a radio station located in Albuquerque.
I quote from the wikipedia article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KLYT:
Even with the show of continued community support, Paul Saber, chairman of the Christian Broadcasting Academy's board (as well as a member of Calvary Chapel of Albuquerque's board), spearheaded an effort to have KLYT and its assets "gifted" to the Calvary Chapel of Albuquerque.

Non-Calvary members of the board were in the minority during the station's transfer process. A number of local Christian leaders lamented the single-church takeover of a station that had operated for 25 years by a network of Evangelical churches from a variety of denominations. The Christian Broadcasting Academy was dissolved, and Calvary-Albuquerque took over KLYT and its network of translators on January 1, 2001.
KLYT's facilities were combined with those of the church's commercial radio station, KNKT-FM.
Since its transfer, KLYT's funding has come from the church's tithing and donations, as well as from the sale of merchandise related to Heitzig and the network of Calvary Chapel churches around the country."


A full webpage which documents misuse of tithing and donations can be found here:
http://calvarychapel.pbwiki.com/CC-empire

All in all I would suggest that before complaining about financial issues in the Mormon Church, which are blamable, you should take a look at your own church which is in no means blameless.
Calvary Chapel has quite a bad reputation with regard to responsibility, especially concerning financial issues.

Dear Mr. Hoffman, please stop being so biased. Either you are opposed to misuse of money, then you should complain about the Chuck Smith Empire in the same way you accuse the LDS church to be all about the money, or you ignore both of their misbehavior. But of course, you are blind when it comes to your "prophet".

To make sure this article will not be deleted again, I will post a "security copy" on the website
"Mormon truth" by Samuel the Utahnite.

Greetings,
Donald Schweitzer.

Bonnie said...

I sure loved these podcasts by John Dehlin despite his stance on the LDS church. I simply cannot understand why he stays in it. But despite my confusion, I will say he is very respectful of people, which I admire.

I like the topics he will tackle. I have been a bit rude about his steadfastness in remaining in the LDS church because I think it is a big crock. But apparently HE doesn't think that, so I should try to be as respectful to him as he has been to others.

I guess he sees some good in it. I do not want to see any good in it. That is stupid, I know. but there is so much bad in it that I think it should all be dumped.

I will say John's podcasst have helped me to understand more of the history and beliefs. I do appreciate that a lot. He does a fantastic job in his interviews.

Thanks John Dehlin if you are out there.